Menu

{TAB} not working in Remote Windows (Citrix ICA/HDX)

Help
Thorsten
2014-01-21
2014-01-27
  • Thorsten

Thorsten - 2014-01-21

Hi.

I have a crazy problem. I just moved over from 1.x to 2.x and now figured, that 2.x cannot paste right to a window, 1.x could.
    I am establishing a Citrix ICA/HDX Session (Like Microsoft RDP) to a Server and want to type a sequence in form: Username - Tab - Password , but the Sequence will not handle the TAB.
    It does when I try the same with just the editor window and change the trigger to the editor window.

Weird is, that 1.x was handling this excellently.
    Hope somebody can give me a tip whats wrong on my 2.x install.

Regards Throsten

• Thorsten

Thorsten - 2014-01-21

Hello Dominik,

That build seems to work!

Regards
    Thorsten

• Thorsten

Thorsten - 2014-01-21

One additional question.
    Any time frame when the release with this fix will be available?
    We have a couple of people having this problem.

• Paul

Paul - 2014-01-22

Dominik usually releases the new version soon after the test builds, but this may take longer as the keystroke engine is all new and additional testing is warranted.

In the meantime you can split the auto-type into user name and password and do the tab manually.

cheers, Paul

• Thorsten

Thorsten - 2014-01-27

How do you split the auto-type?
      Can you explain that?

• Dominik Reichl

Dominik Reichl - 2014-01-24

In general, a new KeePass version is released when I think it's ready. There is no fixed release schedule.

If no blocking issues arise, I could imagine that KeePass 2.25 will be released in about 2 weeks.

Until then, feel free to use the development snapshot (this however is not expected to be compatible with all plugins).

Best regards,
    Dominik

• Paul

Paul - 2014-01-27

Splitting the Auto-Type requires you add a new "Target window" with associated keystrokes - use the Auto-Type tab when you edit the entry.

cheers, Paul