Windows 10: not able attaching files to an existing database entry

Help
randomcore
2015-10-03
2015-10-08
  • randomcore

randomcore - 2015-10-03

KeePass v2.30.

I've tried attaching a .jpg to an existing database entry and the file open dialog does not appear. The application hangs arround and I've to kill the whole task.

I've tried creating a new database entry and attaching a file, and that seems to work. The file open dialog opens and I can select any files.

I don't think that the whole database is damaged and I'm still able to use it for all the stuff I'm doing every day. The only problem is the one described above and I first noticed it after upgrading to Windows 10.

• Horst

Horst - 2015-10-03

This works for me without any problem on Windows 10 x64.
      My database has grown over the years to several hundret entries.
      It has no problem to open any attached jpg file.

• randomcore

randomcore - 2015-10-03

Instead of attaching a file I added a string field with content and saved the database. Afterwards I was able attaching a file to the same database entry and with an working file open window.

• Paul

Paul - 2015-10-03

I can't imagine what would prevent you opening the file selection dialog until you have added a new field.
    Can you do some more tests on the existing database and a new database?

cheers, Paul

• randomcore

randomcore - 2015-10-08

Yes. Forget what I have mentioned before. I may have found the part where it's not working for me, including a working workaround (for myself). But I need some days for testing again and letting u know.

Last edit: randomcore 2015-10-08