Menu

Different Login Page - Separate Entry?

Help
Ed Akamai
2011-08-09
2012-11-19
  • Ed Akamai

Ed Akamai - 2011-08-09

Lo and behold amazon.com throws up a separate and distinct login page  and the Autotype needs to be different for that particular page.  Do i need another Amazon entry for that URL or is there some way to config the original Amazon entry to accommodate this one distinct Sign in page?   Using Keepass version 1.18. 

P.S. Normally most amazon login works using:  Auto-Type: {USERNAME}{TAB}{PASSWORD}{ENTER}
    but this one login page needs another {TAB}:  Auto-Type: {USERNAME}{TAB}{TAB}{PASSWORD}{ENTER} 

Thanks for any help

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2011-08-09

If the page title is different you can assign a second auto-type in the same entry. See the auto-type help page for a KP1.x example.

If the page titles are the same, you must create a second entry but you can use Field References to link the username & password of the second entry to the first.  See the Field Reference help section.  Access Field references via the Tools button on the Edit Entry dialog.

-wellread1

• Ed Akamai

Ed Akamai - 2011-08-09

Brilliant!  Thank you very much wellread!     I sincerely apologise for not adhering to one of my own directives: "RTFM"  

The Author(s) of this Amazing program are Precious!