Help
Rainer
2007-03-11
2012-11-19
  • Rainer

Rainer - 2007-03-11

Hi all,

and thaks for your time helping me!
    My challenge is: I importet around 1000 entries from AnyPassword (using a half-automated AutoHotKey-script).
    Whereas I am able to move password-entries between folders I simply cannot move any folder using drag'n'drop. As soon as I mark a folder and start moving it the cursor turns to the striked circle.

thanks!
    Rainer

• Rainer

Rainer - 2007-03-11

Sorry, forgot to mention:

This only applies to folders containing sub-folders.

Thank you, Rainer

• Dominik Reichl

Dominik Reichl - 2007-03-11

In KeePass 1.06 only groups without subfolders can be drag&dropped.

Best regards
      Dominik

PS: In KeePass Professional it will be possible to drag&drop complete trees.

• Rainer

Rainer - 2007-03-11

Thank you for answering, Dominik!

Anyway - somewhen someone will have to explain to me why OS/Freeware is intentionally crippeled just to sell a Pro version.

I mean I do understand that if a feature requires additional and mentionable effort one might ask money for it.
      But I will never understand why already built-in features have to be blocked. This is SO much non-OS and non-GPL that it proves the idea ad absurdum.

Rainer

• Dominik Reichl

If you would have searched the other threads about KeePass Professional (there are quite some threads in the forum about it), you'd know that it will be free Open-Source software, too.

Best regards
        Dominik

• Rainer

Rainer - 2007-03-11

That's pretty good news, Dominik!

And I do apologize for thinking bad about you!
      I obviously jumped to conclusions from the products name...

Have a great day, Rainer

P.S. Just wondering: What is the use of a "Pro" Version vs. a standard version when both are free and OS? Who would use the standard version then and why?

• Dominik Reichl

Professional will have a lot more features, but is written in C# (.NET) and therefore only portable with prerequisites. Some people might prefer the fully-portable KeePass Classic, that's why there will be two editions.

Best regards
        Dominik