Menu

Database doesn't lock when Ubuntu 14.04 is suspended

Help
joe
2014-12-15
2014-12-17
  • joe

joe - 2014-12-15

I am transitioning from win xp and KeePass 1 to Ubuntu 14.04 KeePass 2.

If I suspend the pc by clicking the little 'gear' in the upper right and choosing 'suspend', or I suspend by using a shortcut key that issues the command: gnome-session-quit --power-off which brings up a menu to lock, suspend, re-start, or shutdown, the pc suspends, but when I wake it and enter my user password and then 'Untray' KeePass, the database is still open.

In Options > Security tab, I have both:

"Lock workspace when the computer is about to be suspended"
    "Lock workspace when locking the computer or switching the user"

KeePass doesn't lock the database when I 'lock' the pc either.

Any ideas on how to get this working?

Thanks - Joe

• Paul

Paul - 2014-12-15

This may be mono not passing the lock/shutdown information to KeePass. Try setting a timeout instead.

cheers, Paul

• joe

joe - 2014-12-16

The timeout feature does lock the data base. Does the "lock on suspend" feature usually work in Ubuntu?

Thanks - Joe

• Paul

Paul - 2014-12-16

I don't know, I'll test it on my test box.

cheers, Paul

• Paul

Paul - 2014-12-16

Nope, doesn't work on my Lununtu 14 test box with KeePass 2.28.

cheers, Paul

• David Lechner

David Lechner - 2014-12-16

You could file a bug against the [keepass2 package on launchpad]/(https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/keepass2). There are so many Linux desktop options, I don't expect KeePass to try to make all of them work at the same time, but fixing it in the Ubuntu package for Ubuntu desktops may be doable.

• joe

joe - 2014-12-17

Thanks for the input. Even though it's a minor bug, I filed it at the link David provided. I'm very happy that KeePass runs on Ubuntu.

Joe