Menu

Unlock Password On Specified Date

putchpo
2013-02-16
2015-08-16
  • putchpo

putchpo - 2013-02-16

Hi,

I was wondering if Keepass will give me the ability to set a date for a password file to be unlocked. I belong to a forum that I've become addicted to. I want to use the forum in the future, so I don't want to delete the password. But I'd like it to be locked for, say, 2 weeks, so that I can't use it during that time period.

Is this possible? If not, do you know of any program that can lock, say, a text file for a period of time and then unlock?

Thanks.

• Paul

Paul - 2013-02-16

It's called self control. :)

cheers, Paul

• putchpo

putchpo - 2013-02-16

Haha!

Not quite the answer I was looking for! :)

• develop1

develop1 - 2013-02-18

This is not what you asked for but it might achieve the results you desired.

Change your forum password to a random/system generated value you couldn't possibly know/remember ex: t5GPDEXvRJATcZUe4zQy

Put the random string into your clipboard and go to this website to create an email to yourself to be delivered to you in two weeks. Then clear your clipboard.

http://www.bored.com/emailcapsules/

Unless you have a back door way to reset your forum password
    you are effectively are locked out until the email to yourself arrives two weeks from now.

• putchpo

putchpo - 2013-02-18

Thank you! I had not thought of that solution. It will do nicely. :)

• AquariusPower

AquariusPower - 2015-08-16

@develop1 yes, seems a great idea, just make it sure to prevent undeletion/recovery of clipboard file/data by some kind of wiping, at least on linux I would have to do that.

@putchpo btw, you seem to have disabled your "SourceForge web mail form" so I cant reply to you by email.

Last edit: AquariusPower 2015-08-16