Menu

Ctr-O doesn't work for me

Help
2008-05-22
2013-02-21
  • Charles Binford

Charles Binford - 2008-05-22

I just started using netbeans and was frustrated because my fingers think "vim" whenever I tried to edit. Then I found jvi and was very pleased.  Thank you for providing the editing / navigation of vim with the IDE benefits! 

Now my problem.  The "ctrl-o" doesn't work for me. I'm running netbeans 6.1 on solaris.  I have the check-box marked in ctrl-key bindings (under netbeans advanced options).  The jvi documentation on this web site says "e|CTRL-O|    CTRL-O        1  go to N older entry in jump list"
    I use it all the time in vim, but in jvi it just beeps at me.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Charles

• Ernie Rael

Ernie Rael - 2008-05-23

Hi Charles,

I'm sorry I have bad news. The "e" at the begining of the line means "works if platform support, eg an IDE" and I couldn't get NBs jump list stuff to work.

I haven't thought about implementing it as part of jVi core, I don't use it in vim so I don't really know what it would have to do. jVi is extended to support "anonymous marks" based on NB's bookmarks. "m." toggles a bookmark at the current line, and "m<" and "m>" go the previous/next mark in the file. Not what you're looking for, but perhaps useful.

• Martin Krauskopf

Hi Ernie. I'm also using Ctrl-O all the time, so missing it.

See ":h CTRL-O" in Vim for details. Generally if you e.g. do Ctrl-] on some method Ctrl-O takes you back to the place where you did Ctrl-].

• Ernie Rael

Ernie Rael - 2008-07-15

In the case of getting back from ^] you can use ^T

• Martin Krauskopf

Thanks for the tip. That really helps. Did not used that even in Vim :)
            Might be it would be useful to make Ctrl-O behaves like Ctrl-T until there is 'proper' fix.

• Ernie Rael

Ernie Rael - 2008-07-23

I happened to come across the code that implements jump lists. And this time it made sense. It seems to work fine, including the ":jumps" command. I will check it into CVS within a few days and make a release sometime later. This is NB65 experimental only. There may be issues with ^I since <TAB> is quite magical in NetBeans.