Menu

Import CSV

2009-06-15
2013-03-13
  • siddhant kumar

siddhant kumar - 2009-06-15

Hello,

Can you add feature to import stock buy/sell based on predefined CSV file? it will be easier to migrate portfolio items from other application to JStock.

regards,

Siddhant Kumar

• yccheok

yccheok - 2009-06-16

Thanks for your suggestion. We notice this limitation and we are currently working on it.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2797840&group_id=202896&atid=983421

• siddhant kumar

siddhant kumar - 2009-06-16

Another one i observed last night when playing with application is you can't sort Portfolio objects (mainly Buy grid).

If we can sort our open positions based on stock code or Profit/loss it will help in easily identifying the particular holding. I know it could be time consuming as data is stored in XML.

One way you can achieve is if you sort it default by Stock Code/Name when displaying in grid (and individual sub-tree by transaction date). Else you might have to consider using SQLite database (as this application is desktop based and people won't be sharing the data with any one).

jusy my 2 cents..

Siddhant

• yccheok

yccheok - 2009-06-16

Hi Siddhant,

Yes. The sorting feature is under development too.

Currently, the inability to sort is not lie on the data itself (it doesn't matter whether our data is stored in XML file or database). It is due to our view. We are currently using SwingX JXTreeTable. There are no direct support for sorting in our current JXTreeTable, and we are working hard to make it work now.

• siddhant kumar

siddhant kumar - 2009-06-16

The link you suggested has feature request to Export to CSV. I was talking about IMPORT feature.

I have found a work around for export to excel feature. Just expand all tree nodes, select all records from portfolio, press ctr+C and than ctr+V in Excel :)

-- siddhant

• yccheok

yccheok - 2009-06-16

That is really unexpected feature :)

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi, It would be really nice to import Transactions (stock buy/sell) based on predefined CSV file?

• yccheok

yccheok - 2009-11-04

I do not understand. Isn't currently, we are able to load portfolio from CSV file?