Font not found

Help
Anonymous
2010-04-04
2013-04-17
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-04-04

Hi… when I run my program, I get these two warnings

Apr 4, 2010 11:25:22 AM de.intarsys.pdf.platform.cwt.font.freetype.FreetypeFontFactory basicCreate
    WARNING: can't load font '/Helvetica'
    Apr 4, 2010 11:25:22 AM de.intarsys.pdf.platform.cwt.font.freetype.FreetypeFontFactory basicCreate
    WARNING: can't load font '/Helvetica-Bold'

I tried to put those fonts in the working dir, and both are installed… any idea on where I should put them?

Thanks in advance

• mtraut

mtraut - 2010-04-06

I don't get what you mean by "i put them in the working directory and both are installed".

The rendering library looks up fonts in many places (see FontEnvironment), the most important beeing

- The system fonts as found in sun.font.FontManager
    - The classpath from where FontEnvironment is loaded

You can register additional search paths.

If the system is setup as provided in the download there is a jar file "jPodFonts" containing fonts (by courtesy of URW) for all the builtin fonts of PDF. If it is in the classpath, rendering should find it there….

fonts in the working directory can't be found unless you register a search path on it.

Installed (on your machine) fonts should be found if there is a reasonable mapping available (Helvetica -> xyz). A lot of heuristics are applied to derive "xyz", but you shoud be save if you give the Postscript name here (have a look at FontTools).