Menu

JOSSO2 setup

Help
Chris W
2014-07-09
2014-07-15
  • Chris W

Chris W - 2014-07-09

I came across this product and from reading stuff it seems that JOSSO2 seems worth exploring. However, I must be missing some background information, because in trying to setup 2.4.0, I've hit a roadblock. I downloaded the jar file, unpacked it and then discovered there wasn't a bin directory to be found. Going back to 2.2.0 gave me a jar with the bin directory and the documented command, but I wanted to to do 2.4.0. I tried to work out how the 2.4.0 files would replace bits of the 2.2.0, but couldn't find much on that either.

So how do I do it, install/config 2.2.0 and then ....? Or instal 2.2.0, then do something with 2.4.0 and then configure?

FYI, I am running Mint LMDE, 64 bits, so would need information for a Linux machine. I did peek into a windows jar, but it seemed pretty close, so I had pretty much the same questions.

Help on this first step is greatly appreciated.

• Chris W

Chris W - 2014-07-10

Ok, some progress, I took the 2.4.0 jar and just ran it, it turns out to be the installer. After installation to /usr/local/josso-2.4.0 I went to the bin directory in there and saw the commands. You need to set the execution attribute and then run the command atricore as root, but as we speak, the command is still running, so I'll see what happens. This process differs somewhat from the documented route....

• Chris W

Chris W - 2014-07-15

Josso 2.4.0 is now running well. I tried to follow the quick start, but it doesn't work. Specifically the activation link will not go green when I draw it from a local service provider to a tomcat 7 execution environment. I read somewhere that you need some additional links (service connector). I decided to try 2.3.1 and follow the quick start, that worked fine, however it gives me a compile error.

I love the modeller, but this is a little frustrating. Why won't the activation link turn green? Why do older versions give build errors? Version 2.4.0's modeller is very nice, but if I am not able to quickly set up some kind of validation, I can't proceed to discover all the other uses. Any thoughts anyone?

Rgds Chris