is it possible to make a smaller version of jose,
Because many serious chess enthusiast wants to analyze,
annotate and make different variations , or play on the
net or against the computer only. I know i want too
much but, may i suggest kindly for a smaller version,
- Drop the 3D support and extra eye candy. Or make it
- Use a smaller DB engine, like HSQLDB
- Do not add too many games, only a few example but
flexible to add games.
- add support for a xml based chess game format which
allows annotation, variants etc within (many tried like)
- freechess or other internet server support
- better pgn support or convrsion tools, open, save
This way it could be easier to download.
Once a guy called andreas seramda tried to make this
xml format and sevral converters but project has
dropped i assume.
but if you find this request too far fetched, it is ok,
i like jose anyway. congrats