newly installed and "empty" Jose 1.4.2.
- key in some a new game on the board and enter
including game info.
- try to save the new game to the DB
- Jose requests to send an error report.
- The DB becomes inconsistent.
- The game is not visible in the DB
- The "Auto save" Folder is empty, but shows 3 results
(tried it 3 x).
- The DB Window becomes unstable (no more automatic
refresh of the window) and unusable because of follow
- After exit / restart of Jose, I get a new error message.
- The instability remains even after reboot of Jose.
It seems that the error.log is not complete. Therefore
some additional info:
OS: Linux 10.0
Java Version: 1.5.0_06.
Jose is an amazing tool in many aspects (functionality,
gui, design, performance) - congratulations, it is
On the other side I have to say that Jose is not usable
for people who want to key in their own games because
of the number of bugs.
To me it seems that the Database Part is a weak point
about it. Once the DB is inconsistent the system is
gone. And this happens frequently.