Menu

JmDns not seeing services in Win2008R2

uvdynamics
2011-07-26
2013-01-24
  • uvdynamics

uvdynamics - 2011-07-26

I have a weird problem.  I have 2 almost identical server with both window 2008R2 SP1 and running same java/jee web services application and using jmdns to register the web services so that my java swing client can discover this services in any of the 2 servers.  The problem is that my java swing client can only see the webservices from one of the server only and not the other one.  Both servers are located on the same domain and router and accessing both server in local network.  I've even compared both server services - what is enabled and disable and they are almost identical except for some services that is not related to network discovery or publishing services over the network.  Does anybody have this same problem or anybody knows what is the issue or problem.  Any info, help or advise is greatly appreciated since I don't know what to do anymore.

Thanks

• Pierre Frisch

Pierre Frisch - 2011-07-27

Are you sure the firewall are configured the same way? This is the most likely cause. You need to have port 5353/UDP to be open.

• uvdynamics

uvdynamics - 2011-08-09

I've looked at both server and both didn't have 5353/UDP open in their firewall settings, but I can still see all the services in "Server A", but not on "Server B".  So I open the 5353 port in "Server B" - viola and I can see all the services in "Server B", but what is strange is that now I can only see services in "Server B" and not on "Server A".  So I open the 5353 port in "Server A" and now I can see both server's services.  It's strange thought.  But thanks anyway for your suggestion and help.