Menu

Welcome to JCaiF Developers

2006-10-23
2013-04-11
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Welcome to JCaiF Developers

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi,
      I would love to contribute to your project.

Regards,
      Sriram.
      Sriram.parthasarathy [at] gmail.com

• Michael hall

Michael hall - 2007-06-25

Sriram,
         Welcome to the project!  Do you have a specific item you'd like to work on?  If not, please let me know your skills and experience and I'll help you find something that matches.  At any rate, checkout the cvs repos and get familiar with the code.  The builds aren't working at the moment, since I'm in the middle of refactoring the repositories, but you can browse the code if you want (The monolithic 0.8 branch should still build ok, if you want to check that out).

Also, if you have any ideas for new functionality, please add them to the "Feature Requests" tracker.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi,

I would like to contribute to the project. However, I don't know how to get started. Can you suggest some piece where I can start contributing?

- Sonali
      sojo81@gmail.com

• Michael hall

Michael hall - 2007-06-29

That all depends on your experience and interests.  Firstly I would suggest downloading the binaries and source code to get familiar with the project, then see what aspects you would like to work on.

• Mahesh Deshpande

Hi,

I would also like to contribute to this project.

--Mahesh

mahesh_desh1@rediffmail.com

• Michael hall

Michael hall - 2007-07-02

What is your experience with Java?  Specifically, are you interested in developing for the web, desktop, or database backend?

• Mahesh Deshpande

Hi,

I have a couple of years of experience in Core Java, I would like to be a part of Web development or Desktop development.

--Mahesh

• Michael hall

Michael hall - 2007-07-03

Do you have any experience with Java Servlets or JSP?  That is where the bulk of the web work needs to be done.  Any HTML and Javascript experience would also be helpful there.

• Mahesh Deshpande

Yes I do have some exposure to Servlets and JSP. Plus I am quite comfortable with HTML and Java Script as well.

• Michael hall

Michael hall - 2007-07-03

Ok, you should check out the sonarweb repo from CVS, it contains the sources for the Web container.  It doesn't have a build script right now, because I just separated it from the main Sonar package.  If you're familiar with Ant and WAR packaging, feel free to create the build.xml for it.  You will also need a copy of sonar.jar and jcaif.jar in your classpath for this.

Right now the "questions" directory contains the JSP pages for each different question type, there is a hashmap in SonarServlet that maps SurveyQuestion classes to JSP pages.  They're all pretty basic right now, and some question types don't have a JSP page yet, so you can work on them if you want.

My goal for SonarServlet is to allow one installation to handle multiple surveys.  The SurveyEngine is already being stored in the session, so you should be able to make SonarServlet load a specific survey.xml file depending on the URL.

Let me know if you have any problems getting this from CVS or getting a build process going.