New Mac user:

Help
Anonymous
2003-12-12
2013-04-17
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-12-12

And trying to work things out slowly.

I tried for a while to get Hotmail to work in Mail before I came across this link and I have installed it.

My problem is when I open mail I get a pop up window saying I have no accounts configured and I should enter my info. But I cant get into preferences to add any accounts. And there is no hotmail thing avalible from the pull down (just POP. IMAC and Exchange) thats not to mention I have not worked out what my SMTP is!!!

So now I'm stuck on what to do so any help would be great :)

• sibe jan

sibe jan - 2003-12-16

Does the Mac OS-version matches the Plugin-version? And have you read the information about the Plugin and so on? (Maybe a stupid question, but sometimes...)

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2004-01-03

After trying and failing anf finally trying again I got it to work and so far so good.

Thanks!

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2004-02-04

To anyone
      i'm new to Mac.  I have Mac 10.3.2 and just download httpmail 10.3.4  I faced the same problem as you abour account type and outgoing mail server...
      Please help me and tell me how to set up...
      Thank you

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2004-02-21

I am experiencing the same problem.  I have brand new iMac, so I know everything I have is up-to-date.  I have tried both automatic and manual installation.  I am not getting any error messages, and the bundle is not being disabled.  Installation seems to go smoothly, but I still do not have the "http" option in Mail.

Help?

• Daniel Parnell

Daniel Parnell - 2004-02-22

What you need to do is create a dummy account so that mail will let you get through to the normal preferences screen.  Once you get through this screen you should be able to add your hotmail account.

Daniel

• Rick Davis

Rick Davis - 2004-11-12

I can't get my mail to SENT! When trying to set the outgoing sevice, they don't seem to be changed.

What should they look like?  services.msn.com:rickdavis111?
      I have an hotmail account.

• Daniel Parnell

Daniel Parnell - 2004-11-18

If you set the outgoing mail server to "None" then the plugin will automatically set itself up correctly.

• Rick Davis

Rick Davis - 2004-12-18

Having problems senting mail.  Sometimes it will stay in my Out box for days, then take off.  Any sugguestions?

• Rick Davis

Rick Davis - 2004-12-20

Down loaded the newer version 1.42. Seems to have fixed the problem.

• Rick Davis

Rick Davis - 2004-12-23

Lost my junk.mbox!  How do I find it?  it is not in the library.

How do I recreat it?