OK, I think 3.1.6 is very solid and stable now, but there are some
finishing touches it needs. Here's where I really have to plead for help,
because I really can't put any more time into this than I have already.
Here's my to-do list for 3.1.6.
1. better configure tests for:
- regex problems on BSDi
- getpeername length argument type on Solaris
- avoid C library mktime() on OpenBSD
2. support for compiling with gcc 3.0
3. support for description_meta_tag_names attribute
4. handle noindex_start & noindex_end as string lists
5. a "match all documents" mechanism in htsearch
6. a way of specifying relative date ranges in htsearch
7. release notes
8. merge maindocs updates into htdoc and vice versa
Geoff, I hope you can do something about the configure tests, because I'm
really out of my element with that. I do have an alternate workaround
for the mktime problem, though, which I'll propose in another message.
If I understand correctly, Geoff, you do now have a system with gcc 3.0,
and are planning to do that part too (or is this done already?).
The description_meta_tag_names attribute is a pretty simple addition,
which I might do because it sounds like a good idea that's been
requested more than once, but if I can't do it before release I see it
as expendible. 4 to 6 are expendible too, but again they're good ideas
that have been very frequently requested (5 & 6 together would make a
dandy "what's new" facility).
Finally, 7 and 8 are standard release-time procedures, which I'd really
like to hand off to you, Geoff, if I can.
So, what do you think? Any volunteers for 3 to 6? If not, should we
just forget about them? Geoff, are you willing/able to do the other
Gilles R. Detillieux E-mail: <grdetil@...>
Spinal Cord Research Centre WWW: http://www.scrc.umanitoba.ca/~grdetil
Dept. Physiology, U. of Manitoba Phone: (204)789-3766
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3J7 (Canada) Fax: (204)789-3930