Menu

Help to implement Self Registered users

Developers
2013-05-29
2014-11-28
  • Fabrizio Lazzaretti

Hi Dirk,
    i would implement a feature which permits the user to register a new Permanent/Voucher account by itself. I already do it by using external script and third_parties_controller.php but i would like integrate the system better, in particular:
    In the login page there's a link which points to a "register_yourself" page.
    register_yourself page then requests mandatory informations as MobilePhoneNo, User and Password. At this point i would create a Permanente user with active=false so that can be visibile into the portal.
    The user now has to activate the account by making a phone call to a special service handled by asterisk(pbx). Asterisk executes a script which checks the presence of caller-id in the yfi's users database, if number match, the user will be activated.

i would rewrite third_parties_controller.php to accepts 'active' as paramenter, and write a new function to activate a certain user.

do you have some tips to implements and integreates these things better?
    is there some piece of code i can reuse without rewrite it ?

Thank you

• Dirk van der Walt

Hi Fabrizio,

I've did something similar for people. I'm sure there will be code which you'll be able to use.

The one down-side of the code is that it was done using extjs which runs optimally on desktops and does not display that well on mobile devices.

Send me an email so I can sanitise and forward you the code.

dirkvanderwalt at gmail

Kind regards

• Bruno D'Ambrosio

Hi Dirk

Can you sent code for Self-registration on my e-mail.