Menu

HexScript:Broadcast and SendData

2009-08-17
2013-05-23
  • Denis Veduta

Denis Veduta - 2009-08-17

I wonder about difference between these commands in the HexScript plugin, cause I wrote a script to fix the $UserIP bug. But when i use SendData. it causes no effect, but with Broadcast this command works correctly.
    Some code:
    OnUserJoined =  function (iUserId)
        local usr = Hex.User(iUserId)
            local ops={}
            local ips=""
            nickr = usr:GetNick()
            ipr = usr:GetIPString()
            while bResult == true do
                if tusr:GetAccessLevel()>20000 then table.insert(ops,tusr:GetUserID())    end

bResult = tusr:Next()
            end

ips="$UserIP "..nickr.." "..ipr.."$$|"
            for id=1,#ops do
                print(Hex.User(ops[id]):GetNick())
                Hex.User(ops[id]):SendData(ips)
    --            Hex.Broadcast(ips)
            end

nickr and ipr contains thing of the user, that was just connected.

• bluebear

bluebear - 2009-08-25

The difference is, as stated in the documentation, that User:SendData sends data to one user only, and Hex.Broadcast sends the data to all connected users. You may experience problems with the current Hex Script implementation, and within a few days a new version of Hex Script will be uploaded to sourceforge, but please note the new version requires HeXHub version 5.04 wich can be found at nemesis.te-home.net.

• Denis Veduta

Denis Veduta - 2009-08-25

Sounds good :)
        Could you take a look at the http://uploadbox.com/files/f152c3ee04/   ?
        There are a part of the log of the Opchat with errors, and script, which this error caused.
        Shortly, I want to mass-modify descriptions of the users (and simulate $UserIP ^^' ).
        The first thing caused Big F***g Error (Access Violation, as you can see).
        And the second works only with broadcast, and has no effect with SendData...

• bluebear

bluebear - 2009-08-26

It's not that I do not want to look, but if the crashes was related to Hex Script please try again with minimum version 1.2.0.0, a lot has been fixed and the 1.2 series seems to be very stable and will be released soon. A lot of issues with the version 1 series has been solved.