Trial for 1.6.1

Help
EdwardD20
2012-11-23
2013-05-23
<< < 1 2 3 (Page 3 of 3)
  • xyzzy

xyzzy - 2012-11-28

The "dot" was brought up before and the suggested fix was to make the dot transparent instead of the default of white. So that was the change that was implemented. But that change didn't affect the size but from what I'm understanding the size of the window is changing.

I should have mentioned that the "dot" window size is 1 x 1 px according to Quartz Debug.  What you are saying is consistent with what I said, i.e., the dot was simply "removed" (ok, made transparent) from the window it was in without removing the window itself.

As for the other, Meteo has the option to run in both menu bar mode and on the dock. Perhaps the window showing up is the dock based window.

Again, according to Quartz Debug, the dock menu apparently is yet another "window" in the Finder process as opposed to the Meteo process.  So it is separate from the "dot" window.  It is still there when I change Meteo to display in the dock.

Personally I never use Exposé which is why I never was aware of this effect so I don't consider this a pressing problem (explicit dot never bothered me either).   I'm just happy the radar is back.  Thanks for that.

• Cow

Cow - 2012-11-30

As for the other, Meteo has the option to run in both menu bar mode and on the dock. Perhaps the window showing up is the dock based window.

I'm not sure if this matters, but I don't run it in the Dock, only in the Menu Bar and still have this Exposé issue.  Like many Mac users, I use Exposé constantly to select windows, so it very much affects my workflow when it's hampered.

• David M. Carney

David M. Carney - 2012-12-04

Running OS X 10.8.2 on a mid-2007 desktop iMac. Version 1.6.1 crashes on startup, I can start it from the Applications folder but it takes several tries to get it running.

It seems stable once it's running and everything works.

The version it replaced (I'm not sure of the version number) worked perfectly. I always update any software when I'm told a new version exists.

• EdwardD20

EdwardD20 - 2012-12-04

@n1zhe  - bring up the console app and look for any messages that might indicate what is happening.

• David M. Carney

David M. Carney - 2012-12-05

@n1zhe  - bring up the console app and look for any messages that might indicate what is happening.

Hmmm, I just rebooted three times, it started each time. Now that I think about it, I was always rebooting from my BootCamp partition when it seemed to not start.

I need to take care of a couple of things first, then I'll try that.

Thanks.

<< < 1 2 3 (Page 3 of 3)