Menu

can make resizeable maps ?

2002-05-11
2003-03-08
  • Eduardo Orive

Eduardo Orive - 2002-05-11

I hace tested GPredict in a 800x600 display and the earth map exits out of the screen. Will be any chance to make this seccion of the app scalable ?

• Alexandru Csete

Alexandru Csete - 2002-05-11

Abolutely! In the 0.4 release the user will have the possiblility to choose between several maps. It will, however, take a coulpe of moths before that release will be ready, but if you can compile gpredict from the source, you can make a temporary fix:

1) Rescale pixmaps/maps/earth_800.jpg to the desired size, eg. 640x320.

2) Change the numbers in SATMAP_CANVAS_WIDTH, SATMAP_CANVAS_HEIGHT, SATMAP_MAP_WIDTH and SATMAP_MAP_HEIGHT in satmap.h
      3) Recompile and reinstall

When the map is created, the range circles will look horrible, but they will be all right after the first update (this is because of sloppy coding, sorry). This can also be fixed by changing the 800's to SATMAP_MAP_WIDTH and the 400's to SATMAP_MAP_HEIGHT in satmap.c around line 370.

Alex

• Eduardo Orive

Eduardo Orive - 2002-05-11

Ok , now it looks great on my display :)
      thnk you very much.
      I'm thinkg about posible solutions for re-scale rutines to make maps in _all_ sizes depending of the app window dimensions.
      If I found any solution I'll put it in the bugs-forum :) in the section of this problem.

• Nobody/Anonymous

how download?