Depends on patches:
1004972 Preserve the characters from "eating" in
1004963 Preventing from splitting of UTF-8 characters
1013403 ID3v1.1 bugfix updated
* Using 'GripInfo' and 'EncodeTrack' structs to call
ID3v2TagFile() and ID3v2TagFile().
* Compress/escape the data while reading/writing
discDB. Additional protection to avoid forbiden writing
of newlines has been added (Replacing newlines by a
* Avoid writing of empty tags.
* Avoid appearing of untranslated "Unknown"s in the ID3
* Added improvements to some of the existing ID3v2 fields:
- Added total numbers of tracks extension to 'Track
number/Position in set' frame.
- Comment description.
- Writing extended disc and track info to separate
* Added some new (to Grip ;) ) frames:
- 'Original filename'.
- 'Media type'.
- 'File type'.
* Filling of the language comment fields (according to
* Increasing the "ID3 comment field" size and
replacement of 'GtkEntry' by some of multiline Gtk widgets.
* Replacing all fixed size strings in
'DiscData','GripInfo' and 'EncodeTrack' by dynamically
reallocable strings. This is important since Grip can
loss data while resending discDB entries. Except that
ID3v2 allows up to 256 megabytes field lengths. Is
there any reason forcing us to limit this to 256 bytes