Menu

Monitoring local mailbox causes hang

Help
2005-07-22
2013-04-24
  • Todd Courtnage

Todd Courtnage - 2005-07-22

Started using gnubiff earlier this week, and I'm sure it worked originally, but can't be certain.

My problem is, I setup gnubiff to monitor my local mail, /var/mail/todd, then close the Preferences window, then when I right click on the Gnome panel icon, and select Preferences, gnubiff hangs up.  The preferences window doesn't open, and the applet becomes unresponsive, and I have to kill it.

First, I erased my gnubiff configuration (.gnubiffrc), thinking wonky in the config file, set it up again, and still hangs.  I then thought maybe one of the e-mails in my inbox was causing it grief, so got rid of all my mail in my inbox (i.e. /var/mail/todd was 0 bytes after that), and problem still occurs.

I'm also monitoring two IMAP mailboxes and I have no problems with them causing gnubiff to hang.

• Robert Sowada

Robert Sowada - 2005-08-14

Hi,
      sorry for the delayed reply. It seems sourceforge didn't notify me when you posted your message.
      The problem you encountered is probably the same as the one in bug report #1221040. This bug is fixed in the CVS version of gnubiff and upcoming gnubiff 2.1.5 (which will probably released next weekend).
      As a workaround you can create a valid .gnubiffrc file using the gtk version of gnubiff.