GLUI for Solaris 10 x86?

Help
2009-08-03
2012-07-18
  • I downloaded glui-2.36 and ran gmake, but it produced a flood of "undeclared" errors and finally died. The tail end of the messages is below.

Any suggestions?

./include/GL/glui.h: In member function void GLUI_Master_Object::set_glutDialsFunc(void (*)(int, int))': ./include/GL/glui.h:538: error:glutDialsFunc' undeclared (first use this function)
    ./include/GL/glui.h: In member function void GLUI_Control::translate_to_origin()': ./include/GL/glui.h:880: error:glTranslatef' undeclared (first use this function)
    ./include/GL/glui.h: At global scope:
    ./include/GL/glui.h:2460: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of GLUquadricObj' with no type ./include/GL/glui.h:2460: error: expected;' before '' token
    ./include/GL/glui.h:2517: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of GLUquadricObj' with no type ./include/GL/glui.h:2517: error: expected;' before '
    ' token
    ./include/GL/glui.h: In member function void GLUI_Translation::common_init()': ./include/GL/glui.h:2575: error:quadObj' undeclared (first use this function)
    gmake: *** [glui_add_controls.o] Error 1

• Benjamin
      Benjamin
      2009-08-03

Hello Robert,

the problem seems to be that the compiler does not find the GLUT, GLU and GL header files. I think there are some error messages telling you that for example "GL/gl.h" could not be found. Check if the include files are in the include search directories of your compiler. If you are using the GCC, then you can specify include directories with the parameter "-I". Perhaps check the Makefile to set this parameter.

Kind regards,
      Benjamin

• And MesaLib dies with the following error:

glut_event.c: In function glutTimerFunc': glut_event.c:145: error: too few arguments to functiongettimeofday'
      glut_event.c: In function handleTimeouts': glut_event.c:172: error: too few arguments to functiongettimeofday'
      glut_event.c: In function waitForSomething': glut_event.c:926: error: too few arguments to functiongettimeofday'
      gmake[2]: [glut_event.o] Error 1
      gmake[2]: Leaving directory /home/rcw15/Downloads/Mesa-7.5/src/glut/glx' gmake[1]: *** [subdirs] Error 1 gmake[1]: Leaving directory/home/rcw15/Downloads/Mesa-7.5/src'
      gmake:
      [default] Error 1
      rowsum%

Has anyone out there successfully built Mesa and GLUI for Solaris 10?

• Thank you, Benjamin.

MesaLib and MesaDemos are available as precompiled packages for Solaris, but not MeasGLUT. MesaGlut does not appear to be available as a stand-alone compile and install, but can only be created along with MesaLib and MesaDemos.

I was hoping that the two packages would include MesaGLUT, but apparently they don't. So I will have to download and compile all three packages.

Hopefully, GLUI will work after that.

Thank you again for your help.

Bob W.