Help
2003-08-09
2003-09-09
  • Jeremy Walker

Jeremy Walker - 2003-08-09

System:
    Celeron 1.3GHz
    Redhat 9 (complete install)

I'm brand new to Linux, so bear with my newbishness.
    I have a Voodoo Banshee video card, I need 3D Accel. to play Halflife/Counterstrike :D

what I have done so far...
    Gone to a terminal to get the cvs according to what the sourceforge site has told me to do:
    cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/glide co glide3x

*AND*

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/glide co swlibs

Then what happens, is I type: /chores.3dfx --clean --generate --configure="--disable-fx-dri-build --enable-fx-glide-hw=h3" --build

It goes through the first part... well i'll paste what happens.

[ERROR PASTE]
    ./chores.3dfx --clean --generate --configure="--disable-fx-dri-build --enable-fx-glide-hw=h3" --build
    Removing detritus...Done
    Regenerating everything...Aclocal...Automake...cvg/glide3/src/makefile.autoconf.am: required file `./depcomp' not found
    automake: cvg/glide3/src/makefile.autoconf.am: Assembler source seen but `CCAS'
    not defined in `configure.in'
    automake: cvg/glide3/src/makefile.autoconf.am: Assembler source seen but `CCASFLAGS' not defined in `configure.in'
    automake: h3/glide3/src/makefile.autoconf.am: object `gthread.$(OBJEXT)' created both with libtool and without
    automake: h3/glide3/src/makefile.autoconf.am: Assembler source seen but `CCAS' not defined in `configure.in'
    automake: h3/glide3/src/makefile.autoconf.am: Assembler source seen but `CCASFLAGS' not defined in `configure.in'
    automake: h5/glide3/src/makefile.autoconf.am: object `gthread.$(OBJEXT)' created both with libtool and without
    automake: h5/glide3/src/makefile.autoconf.am: Assembler source seen but `CCAS' not defined in `configure.in'
    automake: h5/glide3/src/makefile.autoconf.am: Assembler source seen but `CCASFLAGS' not defined in `configure.in'
    Failed!!
    [END ERROR PASTE]

Any idea what the problem is? I have no idea what this thing is talking about :(

• Daniel Borca

Daniel Borca - 2003-09-09

Ouch!

This build was not tested on RedHat; only Slackware and Debian. The problem lies with auto* combo.

Sorry! Unless there is some kind soul to fix this on RedHat, you'll have to stick with the precompiled version.