Here is the Release 0.4.
Main purpose: Correcting the problem by mounting share.
- Adding status for "disk" and "mount point"
- Correctig diag/og/settings error message
- More stable disk initialization
- More Samba options
- More information in status/disk
- DNS lookup and SYSLOG doesn't work
- Windows share display the wrong size disk
- Can't use the disk where FreeNAS is installed for sharing data
Here is the release 0.3
There are only minors changes:
- "install to hard drive" now works, and some new option for configuring
About the big ISO file size: it's because there is two filesystem file, one for CDROM and the other for CF/HD.
- Install now works on Hard drive, should work on CF and USB Key but no tested.
- Now you must add disk before mount it (it's for the futures functionnaliy of disks status)
- Mount bug corrected (Call to undefined function: disk_unmout() in /etc/inc/disks.inc on line 55 )
- More FTP configuration options... read more
Here is the release 0.2 of FreeNAS.
- Update kernel to FreeBSD 6 Stable
- Add simple disk paritionning/formating
- More options for mounting device
- More informations in status/disk
- networks shares in read/write mode
- Hard disk install doesn't work
- Hotname lookup error
- Partitions display errors (Status/disk)
The first alpha version of FreeNAS is available as an ISO file. CIFS and FTP shares tested. NFS not tested.