NAS (Network Attached Storage) server supporting: CIFS/SMB, FTP, NFS, RSYNC, SSH, AFP, Unison, UPnP, Webserver, iSCSI protocols, local and MS AD authentication, SoftRAID (JBOD,0,1,5), disk encryption, S.M.A.R.T, WebGUI. Requires only 32MB on DOM.
- Upgrade e2fsprogs to 1.41.0.
- Upgrade fusefs-ntfs/ntfs-3g to 1.2531.
- Upgrade Samba to 3.0.30.
- Add 'perms' and 'xattrs' parameter to RSYNC client/local shares (FR 2009300).
- Allow user to add additional parameters to RSYNC client/local shares.
- Modified WebGUI look & feel.
- Add ctorrent client (No WebGUI, only console support).
- Disable splashscreen because it causes reboots on some systems.
- Keep time zone informations up to date (BR 2034132). Thanks to Azguy987.
- Upgrade rsync to 3.0.3.
- Enable WLAN interface setup via console.
- Add 'Loewe Connect' UPnP support (FR 2003278).
- Modity iSCSI-Target WebGUI. This will hopefully reduce 'Extent' configuration problems.
- Disallow adding duplicate named CIFS/SMB and AFP shares. Thanks to Falk Menzel.
- Rename environment variable used by /etc/rc.d/rsync_client and rsync_local scripts to
rsync_client_logfile and rsync_local_logfile.
- If 'Recycle bin' has been enabled for a CIFS/SMB share the '.recycle' directory will
be created with 0777 permissions. A subdir will be created for each user with 0700
- Add 'mount_smbfs' command. HowTo see http://sig9.com/articles/samba-automount-freebsd.
- Fix bug in interfaces WebGUI. Thanks to freenas_fan for this tip.
- Support large MSDOS file systems (use mount option 'large') (BR 2001483). Thanks to gusthave.
- iSCSI Target lets you create a target with no storage (BR 2011723). Thanks to SuperJuice.
- Fix bug in /etc/rc.d/hosts script. Thanks to Lars Köller for reporting the problem.
- It is not possible to format a SoftRAID disk with MSDOS FAT16/32.
- It is not possible to encrypt a disk partition, only complete disks are supported.
- It is not possible to get seperate CPU stats per processor on SMP machines because
FreeBSD does not support that feature.
- If DHCP for IPv4 is used, the IPv6 statically configured DNS server will be overriden by the IPv4 DNS server.