I encountered the problem mentioned in http://bugs.gentoo.org/253196 and https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox-3.0/+bug/214725 (not being able to add a security exception), and it went away after disabling the fire.fm plugin.
seems to be fixed in 1.1.5
I have fire.fm 1.1.5 and the problem persists for me. I need to disable fire.fm to add security exceptions
I encounter the same problem.
OS: Ubuntu 8.10
I can't reproduce this on Ubuntu Linux, using Firefox 3.0.5. We need more
information in order to try and fix this problem, which I personally can't
even imagine being related to Fire.fm.
* Make sure you're clicking the "Get Certificate" button before clicking
on the "Confirm Security Exception" button.
* Let us know if you see any errors in the Error Console when you try to
add the exception. Try setting these preferences for more advanced error
* Send us your Fire.fm log file:
1) Locate your profile directory
2) Look for a directory named "firefm"
3) Inside, look for a file named "log.txt". Send this file to us.
Jorge - Fire.fm Team
* I verified the problem went away when disabling fire.fm, and reappeared when enabling it again
* I am positive I didn't forget to 'Get Certificate' - the 'Confirm Security Exception' button is grayed out until you do.
* I lost the installation exhibiting the problem due to hardware (disk) failure, and I can unfortunately(?) no longer reproduce it.
Same problem on Ubuntu 8.10, Fire.fm 1.2 with Firefox 3.05 and 3.06. When I disable the Fire.fm plugin, it's solved. The button 'Confirm Security Exception' doesn't go gray, it just doesn't do anything and keeps the window opened.
same here: error reproducable with ubuntu 8.10 - firefox 3.0.7 (for ubuntu) and fire.fm 1.2.3