Menu

Support for escaping of nested placeholders

2011-01-22
2013-05-30
  • Markus Elfring

Markus Elfring - 2011-01-22

I repeat my feature request "Support for escaping of nested placeholder markers" here as requested for this discussion interface.

I would like to use a document or message template which can be loaded from a content management system or file/object data base for example in a format string that is passed to your function "fastformat::fmt". These input data can contain characters which will be interpreted by your parsing engine for its own processing purposes.

A couple of such document templates will also contain source code examples for programming languages that use curly braces in their syntax to enclose code scopes or variable names.

Would you like to add an utility function which provides the desired quoting or escaping for (nested) placeholder, field or parameter markers?

• Matt Wilson

Matt Wilson - 2011-12-08

Markus

I apologise for not responding sooner. For a bunch of reasons I won't bore you with, I've been unable to apply much/any attention to any of my open-source projects this year. However, things have calmed down for me now, and for the next few months I have sufficient time to catch up on outstanding issues. If you're still interested in this issue, I'd be happy to talk more about it in the next few weeks.

Matt