At least at my linux box, I seems that the new way of
starting xmlwf - with a shell wrapper - heavily
increases the startup time of xmlwf.
For most people, this may be a really minor problem (it
isn't even a big one for me, though). But if you check
a lot of really small xml files with xmlwf in one
commandline or a shell script, this is very notable.
I've noticed it, while checking the (very small) test
files of the OASIS test suite. My shell scripts, that
does this, needed up to 10 times (!) longer, to finished.
To be sure, it's really the startup time, I checked
xmlwf against some bigger XML files (around 30 Mbyte)
and found only minor speed differences between 1.95.2
and 1.95.3. It seems, 1.95.3 is around 6 or 7 percent
slower than 1.95.2 (I've substracted the mesured longer
startup time of the 1.95.3 xmlwf from the running time,