Menu

Project Dead?

Help
2006-06-13
2013-05-13
  • Mark Gillespie

Mark Gillespie - 2006-06-13

used this a few times in the last couple of days to win some auctions, and it seems to work well.

It's a shame that development seems to have halted.

Is this a dead project?  And plans to awaken it?  The core itself seems really good, the PHP web interface still needs some work to sort out problems.  I have done some additional translations and uploaded a patch.

Any developers interested in enhancing the PHP web frontend?

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2006-06-13

Not dead, it just works and I don't have time at present to do more development.  If you want to do some development, email me and I'll set you up.

• Mark Gillespie

Mark Gillespie - 2006-06-14

Agreed, the core works really well.  Have won quite a few auctions since setting it up last week.

The PHP frontend is where the majority of work needs to be done.  I will take a look at the PHP code, and try to submit some patches to get this broken stuff working.

Regards
      Mark.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2006-06-14

Thanks, I'll try to work the patches in.  I didn't write the PHP front end, it was contributed, and I didn't keep it up-to-date.

• Fog_Watch

Fog_Watch - 2006-10-29

There appear to be quite a few "Cannot find bid table header" bugs listed recently, which prevents esniper from working.  It would be a shame if esniper did lapse.

Sorry, I am one of those open-source bludgers who uses, but doesn't cut code.  I thought I would give the forum a gentle nudge though. 

No doubt, esniper is the best. 

Regards

Fog_Watch.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2006-10-29

Not dead, I'm just busy with paid work.  A simple patch is available, I'll roll a release when I have a few spare hours.

• Fog_Watch

Fog_Watch - 2006-10-29

Scott, great to hear that the project is not dead.

The patch is not available from "downloads".  I'll be happy to wait for the release.

Regards

Fog_Watch.

• Fog_Watch

Fog_Watch - 2006-10-30

I have recompiled with "User ID" changed to "Bidder".  I report that as I type my new esniper is happily sleeping, waiting until such time as a bid should be submitted for a new toilet seat.

Thanks.

Regards

Fog_Watch.