Menu

buscoords not found

Beginners
2014-07-03
2022-07-21
  • tomorrowhhh

tomorrowhhh - 2014-07-03

Hi, I am using MatLab to run OpenDSS. The calculation is able to be implemented. However, it always shows error message when I am trying to load buscoords file for plotting purposes.

(275)OpenDSS
    bus coordinate file: 'buscoords.csv' not found

Here are what I have done:

1. all of the Matlab files and DSS files are in the same folder
    2. in OpenDSS, change the current directory to the same folder as in step 1

However the problem cannot be solved. I appreciate if you can give me some help. Thanks.

Last edit: tomorrowhhh 2014-07-03
  • Roger Dugan

Roger Dugan - 2014-07-19

It is obviously looking for the file in the wrong place.

Try Set Datapath= (path of your data files)

I think you can execute this before defining your circuit. Also, try using the Compile command and the full path name of your master file.

• Meysam Shamshiri

Hi,
    I've faced the same problem when I want to plot the network topology.
    I created the Topology.txt file in the same folder. The set datapath has been done and all the things are correct except the following error for circuit topology:
    "(275) OpenDSS Bus Coordinates file:"Topology.txt" not found.

I appreciate if anybody can find the solution.
    Regards

• Roger Dugan

Roger Dugan - 2014-08-27

I wonder if something is changing the datapath. try executing

get datapath

and see what it reports in the Result (DSSObj.Text.Result) value.

Some users use the CD command to change the default directory before the New Ciruit statement. I don't use this much, but they may have discovered a reason for do it.

CD *pathname*

I generally execute the Compile command with the full path name of my Master.DSS file. This will open the Master.DSS file and stay in the same directory after executing the Compile command (which is essentially the same as a Redirect command with different behavior after executing the script in the file). The Redirect command returns to the directory from which it was invoked.

• DISHANT SINGHAL

DISHANT SINGHAL - 2019-09-24

Hi,
    I am trying to make a 13 bus system connected with pv but when i run it, it shows the same voltage profile at the bus where i placed monitor with and without pv panel. I don't understand why this happened can any one help me regarding the above problem.

Thank You,

• DISHANT SINGHAL

DISHANT SINGHAL - 2019-10-22

Hello, Davis
    Thank you for your reply on above mentioned problem.
    Can you please tell me how to calculate voltage sensitivity index in open dss. Is there any code for this in open dsss.

• Davis Montenegro

Hello,

For voltage sensitivity you can perform a fault study. With the fault study you can find the short circuit currents for all the buses in the system and with that, check what buses are more sensitive to voltage changes.
      There are other methods, but this is the one I find the easiest.

Best regards

Davis

• DISHANT SINGHAL

DISHANT SINGHAL - 2019-10-23

Hello,

Thank you davis but actually i want to calculate it by the formula of
        voltage sensitivity index but i don't understand how i write that formula
        in the open DSS.
        Is you have any idea about that.

Thank you

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019, 1:15 AM Davis Montenegro davismont@users.sourceforge.net wrote:

Hello,

For voltage sensitivity you can perform a fault study. With the fault
        study you can find the short circuit currents for all the buses in the
        system and with that, check what buses are more sensitive to voltage
        changes.
        There are other methods, but this is the one I find the easiest.

Best regards

Davis

buscoords not found
        https://sourceforge.net/p/electricdss/discussion/beginners/thread/e8d62627/?limit=25#f3a3/e740

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in
        https://sourceforge.net/p/electricdss/discussion/beginners/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit
        https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/

• Davis Montenegro

Hello,

OpenDSS is a simulator, therefore, it can be used to simulate the power system, extract results and implement external logics using the multiple interfaces it offers. That being said, if you need to implement a formula that uses the power system solution values, please use the COM/DLL interfaces. Through these interfaces you will be able to implement your calculations by extracting data from the simulation results.
          There is a lot of information in the documentation provided as well as in this forum, go for it! you can do it!

Best regards

Davis

• NIHARIKA

NIHARIKA - 2022-07-21

how did u implemented voltage in time i dont understand it this code to be implement??