unserved load via com command

Beginners
Gamha
2014-06-19
2014-06-30
  • Gamha

Gamha - 2014-06-19

Hi
    I would like to get all the unserved loads via the com interface. I did find the command 'Topology.isolated' but nothing related to unserved loads. Does any body have an idea on how it is possible to get all the unserved loads via the com interface.
    THX!

• Roger Dugan

Roger Dugan - 2014-06-21

You'll have to define what you mean by unserved loads.

• Gamha

Gamha - 2014-06-25

By unserved Loads I mean all the loads for which the voltage is too low. I would like to get the same results as the command "Show Unserved" but via the com interface.
    Thx

Last edit: Gamha 2014-06-25
  • Roger Dugan

Roger Dugan - 2014-06-29

After each solution you could:

1) Load in all the pu voltage magnitudes in the circuit and search for low node voltages at buses. Of course, this assumes you have successfully defined the voltage base at each bus.

2) Using the Loads interface, you could iterate through all the loads in the circuit. When each is active, you can get the voltages from the VoltagesMagAng property (a recent addition to the COM interface) of the CktElement interface. Or get the bus name, set the bus active, and get the voltage from the Bus interface.

• Roger Dugan

Roger Dugan - 2014-06-29

Actually, the Show Unserved report is much more complicated than just low voltages. A load can be reported as all or partially unserved if one of the lines supplying it is overloaded. An EnergyMeter will determine the amount of unserved energy in a couple different ways as an aggregate of all loads in its zone. But not for individual loads.

• Roger Dugan

Roger Dugan - 2014-06-29

Export Unserved will give you a CSV version that you can import into Matlab fairly easily.

• Gamha

Gamha - 2014-06-30

Thx