telephone exchange

Help
2007-09-11
2013-05-13
  • roberto_italy

roberto_italy - 2007-09-11

hi
    I'm a newbie of linux, please I have two question about efax-gtk
    first - if I can install version 3.015 on ubuntu feisty and how to upgrade (i have just 3.012 installed)
    second - My modem take the line by a telephone exchange, so every time I have to insert manually the prefix and a pause before the phone number, the question is if is possible to automate the insert of prefix and pause, so I need to manually insert only the phone number.
    Sorry for my bad english and congratulations for the great program.
    Roberto
    Italy

• roberto_italy

roberto_italy - 2007-09-11

A detail for the first question:
      I should be glad if you write me the command lines to uninstall the previous version and the command lines to install the new version.
      Because I come from windows and I don't know the terminal commands.
      Thank's again

• Chris Vine

Chris Vine - 2007-09-22

You can upgrade to a later version by compiling the program yourself, and the README file which comes with the distribution explains how to do it.  I do not know the commands to uninstall programs with Ubuntu as I do not use it, but the documentation for apt (which both Ubuntu and Debian use) should explain it.

I am afraid that efax-gtk does not make provision for the automatic insertion of pre-dial characters.  It is something I will consider for the next release - I think it a good idea, so thank you for the suggestion.

Chris

• Chris Vine

Chris Vine - 2007-11-12

The version of efax-gtk now in CVS makes provision for the insertion of a dial prefix.  It will be in the next release.

Chris