Menu

desktop icon properties problem.

Help
2005-01-01
2013-04-05
  • josh makler

josh makler - 2005-01-01

hmm... it seems that the name of the icon is not set-able through your menu...

I checked out all the source files in eiconman to discover that your source code sets the icon's name to None, not by default, but always... you have it in a string, not a variable... you should have a variable set for that line of input and do an if/else statement if you want to have it say "None" if the user does not specify a name...

I MAY have made a mistake here... maybe I read it wrong... Im not the best coder out there. just thought you should know about the problem and what I THINK I discovered in your source.

I tried to fix it myself, but I don't know much about FLTK, and Im mainly a C coder, not C++... If I could have read the graphics, though, I would have fixed it and sent you the new source... sorry...

• Vedran Ljubovic

Vedran Ljubovic - 2005-01-02

Yes, you're right. It seems that Icon Name is used only for filename, not for the displayed name. Thanks for reporting a bug!

• Vedran Ljubovic

Vedran Ljubovic - 2005-01-02

Heh I just discovered that this is basically the same locale-related problem as the one in emenueditor. It is now fixed on CVS. Thanks once again (I don't really have icons on my desktop so I didn't notice this before).