Menu

Android / Motorolla purchase and Eaglemode

2011-08-15
2019-04-30
  • Mark McCorkle

Mark McCorkle - 2011-08-15

I was reading the news this morning about the Motorola purchase by Google, and it cinches it for me that I'll be purchasing the Motorola Photon (from Sprint here in the states, but it is a world phone).  I already have the Motorola Atrix (the other Dual Core phone that Moto released running their crippled little webtop OS on top of Android) and it has me thinking… I know you wanted to port eaglemode to Android, would me loaning you a rooted Motorola Photon with the docking station help with that progress? 

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=3344

• Oliver Hamann

Oliver Hamann - 2011-08-16

That is very kind of you! I really would like to have such a cool phone, and yes it would help me with the porting. But unfortunately, there is almost no time to work on Eagle Mode until at least the end of the year, because I am so busy with other things. And then, not sure, it may be a good idea to implement the scripting API first. Currently I am working one or two hours per week on a better PDF plugin based on poppler.

• Mark McCorkle

Mark McCorkle - 2011-08-16

I'm using Eaglemode every day of the week to help me do my job, so let me know if there is some way I can help you with the project.  If some hardware to develop and test on is the best way to help, I'll be happy to contribute, or if there is something else I can do, let me know.  Otherwise, I'll be sticking to adding functionality to my little set of scripts that lets me visualize server data.  I still have a long way to go (and I don't have a lot of time to contribute to it either), but I see so much unrealized potential in the ZUI that I want to help push it forward. 

• Tony

Tony - 2019-04-30

One could generalize your sentence:

"Otherwise, I'll be sticking to adding functionality to my little set of scripts that lets me visualize server data."

to

"Otherwise, I'll be sticking to adding functionality to my little set of scripts that lets me visualize SOME data.", replacing server with some.

Anything which is data, can be on-the-fly-converted to an image format, typically .png or .svg, then used normally inside Eagle Mode, meaning just watching it.

"I see so much unrealized potential in the ZUI that I want to help push it forward. "

Can you write more on this?

Last edit: Tony 2019-04-30