Menu

v2.03.35 is out!

gho
2015-09-03
2015-09-10
  • gho

gho - 2015-09-03

After quite a lot of struggle to stabilize the recent improvements (every time I fixed something it seemed that almost certainly something else broke ...) here is the new v2.03.35 release.
    Here are some warnings and advices:
    I must admit that this release is an unsuccessful attempt to improve DxWnd while simplyfying it. Unfortunately, so far the better compatibility is paid at the price of a couple of flags that should be set according to the specific game.
    First one is DirectX / "Flip emulation": the flag activates the previous emulation schema, while by default the new one (that doesn't emulate the Flip call but supports it directly) is activated instead. Unfortunately, a few games require this flag set, and a few require it unset. So, in case of trouble, try to set it.
    The second flag is Libs / "Share ddraw and GDI DC": same as above, usually this flag set increase the compatibility, but a few games do not work with it set.
    I already updated some of the exported files that come with the release, but I could not test them all, so be ready for a little tuning by yourselves.
    But IMO the cost of this annoyance is little compared with the advantage of having practically all ddraw games using D3D supporting AERO friendly and fast emulation modes!
    Enjoy.
    GHO

Last edit: gho 2015-09-03
  • Gamer DX

Gamer DX - 2015-09-09

I would like an option to minimize to tray instead of to the taskbar. There is a menu option to minimize to tray, however it requries 2 clicks...