Menu

Windows build failed

szachy
2009-03-25
2013-06-11
  • szachy

szachy - 2009-03-25

Hello all
    I've tray to build doxygen 1.5.8 from svn with Visual c++ 2008 and it have failed with message:

link /NOLOGO /LIBPATH:..\lib /SUBSYSTEM:console /OUT:..\bin\doxygen.exe
    @D:\DOCUME~1\ZDANIA\USTAWI~1\Temp\nm16.tmp
    doxycfg.lib(portable_c.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__libiconv_open referenced in function _portable_iconv_open
    doxycfg.lib(portable_c.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__libiconv referenced in function _portable_iconv
    doxycfg.lib(portable_c.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__libiconv_close referenced in function _portable_iconv_close
    ..\bin\doxygen.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN\link.EXE"' : return code '0x460'
    Stop.
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN\nmake.EXE"' : return code '0x2'
    Stop.
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN\nmake.EXE"' : return code '0x2'
    Stop.

Anyone can help me with this?

• Harald Berghoff

Harald Berghoff - 2009-05-10

Hi Szachy!

As i am not using Visual C++ my suggestion might be wrong, but when i tried to build doxygen 1.5.9 on Windows using Cygwin and gcc, i had a very similar error, also in linking portable.o, just that the first error message was:

portable_c.c:1:19: iconv.h: No such file or directory

I could fix that with installing libiconv (GNU character comversion) via Cygwin setup. If you using Cygwin you may want to give it a try. If you where installing the GNU tools differently, you may have to search for that library on your own.

Regards
      Harald

• kkazinski

kkazinski - 2010-05-28

I have been having the same problems.

I found that I had to convert the scripts to remove the \r's using (I think) u2d.

• camaca

camaca - 2013-03-05

i have build successfully doxygen-1.8.3.1 with cygwin. For that I had to add libiconv to cygwin (and also flex, bison, perl). In the file "configure" I have set f_dot=YES in order to skip it. I also put the directory doxygen under C:\cygwin\tmp\ so that there are no Windows path names.