Menu

Disabling preview pane

Nexutix
2012-12-07
2012-12-08
  • Nexutix

Nexutix - 2012-12-07

I am using docfetcher to search PDF files. The inbuilt view of PDF is barely understandable as it mixes up the text (maybe due to document formatting). I want to open the in external program without docfetcher wasting computer resources on fetching PDF for preview pane. I tried to disable it from "conf/settings-conf.txt" without any results. The values for "ShowPreviewPanel" and "ShowPreviewPanelAtBottom" switch back to true.

Is there:

1.any way to disable preview pane?

2.any way to implement external pdf viewer in preview pane (even if there is no highlighting) (Win7)

3.any beta with any PDF viewer implemented? (Tran Nam Quang said that simple PDF viewer was tried to be implemented but is buggy.)

Thanks in advance.

• Nam-Quang Tran

Nam-Quang Tran - 2012-12-07

DocFetcher has two long arrow buttons near the preview pane for hiding it and changing its position. Have you tried those?

• Nexutix

Nexutix - 2012-12-07

It loads the file in background even if the panes are hidden. I don't want that. But I can, for now, prevent that by using "Hide to tray after opening file" option. I think there should be an option whether to preload files or not.

• Nam-Quang Tran

Nam-Quang Tran - 2012-12-07

Okay, the PDF shouldn't really be loaded when the preview pane is hidden. This is an inefficiency that I hope to address in a future release.

The other options - integrating an external or a built-in PDF viewer - have already been investigated and decided against. Basically: Too much programming effort, or didn't work.

• Nexutix

Nexutix - 2012-12-08

Thanks for you attention on the matter. I am looking forward to the release fixing it.