Menu

ptz controlling

manish
2013-07-18
2013-07-18
  • manish

manish - 2013-07-18

I am doing a project in my college and thus I want to use the videoconferencing camera.These cameras are installed in my classroom - tandberg high precision hd camera sony EVI-D70 camera

Both are ptz cameras.

I am doing a face recognition project so I want to take video from this camera.For better face recognition I want that all the faces of students should be clear.It could only be possible if my camera focus on each students for some time.Thus i want that my control tilt ,pan and zoom capabilities of camera with coding.A manual operator can do this by using a remote control but i want to do this automatically.

I know it requires lot of coding. please Tell me how to do this.Some suggested me to do this whole work in visual studio but I don't know how to do it.Can you all please help me?

• snarfle

snarfle - 2013-07-18

I know nothing about these cameras. What you can do with them depends on what kind of interface they have with the computer. Do they use an interface that DirectShow can recognize? Or did they do something proprietary?

You should also be aware the DirectShow provides absolutely no facial recognition support. While it can be used to retrieve the image, any processing is up to you.