Menu

DirectNet on ARM processor

Help
2007-04-19
2013-04-17
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hello,

I need to cross-compile the directnet sources for an arm processor. I have a library which I have on my host machine and that allows me to use the proper libraries required.

Here is the deal; when I installed DirectNet on my host machine, it required the gmp libraries for installing ... so I did and it started working. It is working fine on the host.

I searched and found a set of stripped down gmp libraries for an ARM processor. I pasted the files given for lib, include and info in the appropriate folders in the library.

I am using the following command to configure when cross-compliing
    ./configure --host=arm-linux --prefix=/home/sagar/DirectNet_Crossed

But it exits with an error;

configure: error: You need GMP to support Cyfer encryption.

Can anyone please help me with this!!! I need to install the DirectNet sources on an ARM processor and have to do it .... as early as possible ...

HELP !!!!

• Gregor Richards

Gregor Richards - 2007-04-19

The configuration for cyfer looks to be able to use gmp.h, so my suspicion would be one of:

1) The package you found installed the library itself, but not the headers.
      2) GMP was installed to a strange prefix.
      3) The "stripped-down" GMP package is /too/ stripped down.

If 1 is true, you'll need to find the -devel package for it.

If 2 is true, and you can figure out what prefix GMP was installed to, fixing this should be as simple as:

export CFLAGS="-I<gmp's path>/include -L<gmp's path>/lib"
      export LDFLAGS="-L<gmp's path>/lib"
      export CXXFLAGS="$CFLAGS"

If 3 is true, I'm afraid all you can really do is find a "heavy-weight" one. Admittedly, GMP is quite large, but it's also quite necessary :)

If none of these are true, could you reply, describing your system in some greater detail?

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi Gregor!!

Thank You So much for replying. I am kinda at my wits end trying to figure this one out ...
      Ya, the gmp source I found for ARM gave me direct files for lib, include and info folders.

You can check it out at http://www.buserror.org/~ebrown/sshf2001/download/

K .. in case i find the development package for gmp (for arm processor) do u think it'll help solve this problem ??

Is there any alternative for the cyfer? I mean, can I in someway use the gmp library installed on my host machine just for the cyfer part (m kinda new to Linux ... so ... I dunno if it is possible) ... or does DirectNet need it all the time ... ??

- Sagar

PS: For the cross-compilation, I m using a library on my host which contains all the folders and files that are present on the the target processor. It wasn't an installation however ... the whole library was a tarred package ...