Menu

Suggestions

Developers
2006-05-26
2013-04-29
  • Dan Dascalescu

Dan Dascalescu - 2006-05-26

1. It would be nice to color the rows in the duplicate list with alternating colors for odd an even duplicate groups.

2. In the list of duplicates, a direct context menu option of deleting the selected files would be handy.

3. Also handy would be an option to just delete any duplicate files and leave only one file (at random) from the set.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I agree

Just to clarify though, deleting all duplicates(randomly if no difference is found) could be done like so:
      Assuming the results tab is populated (i.e. the program was run and some duplicates were found) :
      1. In the options tab, choose Markers in the list and check "If no difference between files is found, mark at least 1 file".
      2. Press "Apply Changes"
      3. In the Markers tab, check the file date marker, and choose "most recently created (newest)" (the random pick didn't work for me with the other criteria)
      4. Press "Mark The Files!"
      5. In the results tab, right click and select all, then right click and invert selection
      6. In the processors tab, tick the desired processor (e.g. delete) and press "Perform processes"

A little cumbersome but it works well, and you only have to do it once anyway

I checked some of the more popular Sourceforge dup remove programs and I think DUFF is still better (among other things, C++ >> Java)