Menu

dev c++ development team

spike
2005-10-23
2012-09-26
  • spike

spike - 2005-10-23

I notice you have a bugs list for dev c++ and if possible i would like to join the development team. I understand i need to contact Wayne. How do i contact him and what delphi version do i need? I have Delphi 6 currently.

• spike

spike - 2005-12-02

from the delphi file|open menu ption? I opened one of the dpk projects but where's the install button?

• Colin Laplace

Colin Laplace - 2005-12-06

Yes. The Install button should appear on the small window of hte .dpk file after you open it. Or if it is greyed out, press Compile first and after compilation is successful you can press the Install button

Colin

• spike

spike - 2005-12-07

I get, Undeclared identifier, TSynEditFoldRange in the synEdit unit. the type is in the SynEditcodeFolding.pas file which is in the \cvsroot\V5\SOURCE\Vcl\SYNEDIT\ directory and this directory is in the componenet search path. For some reason it's not finding it.

• Wayne Keen

Wayne Keen - 2005-10-23

I answered your original post on the Bloodshed thread.

I would start with contacting Colin. I gave you a link there. By the way, near the top of the web page is a line of links - one of which is Summary - if you click on that, it will lead you to a page that has the link to the development team list.

Thanks for your help!

Wayne

• Colin Laplace

Colin Laplace - 2005-10-23

Hello,

You can use Delphi 6 to develop Dev-C++. Be sure before loading the project into your Delphi to install all the components packages found in V5\source\Vcl

Greetings,
      Colin Laplace

• spike

spike - 2005-10-23

i get a page not found error.
        http://sourceforge.net/V5/source/Vcl
        less you mean the source directory on my hard drive but the libraries aren't there.

• Colin Laplace

Colin Laplace - 2005-10-24

Of course i meant the directories on your hard drive.. the V5 directory is the one you should have checkout from the CVS.
          https://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=10639

Colin

• spike

spike - 2005-10-26

probably a silly question but where do i put the additional files once i've downloaded them, "devFileMonitor.pas" etc so the project finds them?

• Colin Laplace

Colin Laplace - 2005-10-31

Hi,

You don't need to download "additional files", devfilemonitor.pas is already included when you checkout the Dev-C++ tree from the CVS. You might need to add in your Delphi library path (Tools menu, Environment options, Library tab, Library path) the path to the Dev-C++ Vcl directory and its subdirectories, for Delphi to be able to find them.

Greetings,
          Colin

• spike

spike - 2005-10-31

oh right. now i couldn't find anything to do with CVS on the Delphi disk so I downloaded wincvs. I put in the anonymous connection on the page you showed me but it sits there and does nothing. I'm probably doing something silly wrong.
            BTW would you rather we did this via e-mail?

• Colin Laplace

Colin Laplace - 2005-10-23

I forgot to say that you can then send me your bug fixes in forms of patches, with detailed description of the modification at: haiku AT bloodshed.net

Colin

• spike

spike - 2005-10-23

in source code? or would you prefer compiled?

• Colin Laplace

Colin Laplace - 2005-10-24

In source code, that we can then update the official source tree with the fix.

Colin

• spike

spike - 2005-11-13

OK I generated the key pair but i can't find where I paste the public key.

• Colin Laplace

Colin Laplace - 2005-11-14

Hi,

This should not be needed. Just please follow the instructions for checking out the sources anonymously.

Greetings,
        Colin Laplace

• spike

spike - 2005-11-16

ok so i checked out the sepository to my hard drive, "C:\cvsroot\V5" opened delphi, went into tools|environment|library. I added the vcl directory, "C:\cvsroot\V5\SOURCE\Vcl" and all its subdirs to the library path then i opened the dev c++ project and I got, "class TdevFileMonitor not found" the deFileMonitor.pas file was right there in the vcl directory too. What am I missing?

• Colin Laplace

Colin Laplace - 2005-11-29

Hi,

Did you install all the Delphi packages found in the Vcl directory and its subdirectories ?
            You need to install them in order for Delphi to load successfully the project

Greetings,
            Colin

• spike

spike - 2005-12-01

would that be "install component" or "install package" I tried the latter first but it didn't find any packages in the vcl directory so i went for components. I find some .pas components and a file called DevCpp.dpk which i selected in the package name entry. Do i add each pas file in the add unit entry?

• Colin Laplace

Colin Laplace - 2005-12-01

Use File, Open, then change the filter in the open dialog to .dpk. Then you can open all the .dpk files in the Vcl and subdirectories. You just have to press the Instal button for each dpk project and all the components should be installed.

Colin