Delineate is a tool for converting raster images to SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) using AutoTrace or potrace. It loads images using JIU and displays results using Batik. Input formats are JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, PNM, PBM, PGM, PPM, IFF, PCD, PSD, RAS.
Delineate 0.5 released:
- Users can now choose to convert to SVG with potrace instead of AutoTrace - potrace produces superior black and white SVG results compared to AutoTrace.... read more
Delineate is a tool for converting bitmap raster images to SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) using AutoTrace. It displays SVG results using the Apache Batik SVG toolkit. Input formats are TGA, PBM, PNM, PGM, PPM or BMP.
Delineate 0.4.2 changes:
Fixes bug that occurred when running group by color optimization in Windows.
Delineate 0.4.1 changes:
Optimized file size by not using style attribute in output SVG; instead use separate fill and stroke attributes. Reload image after doing 'group by color' optimization, so now you can see if this optimization results in bad layering of image paths in result SVG.
Delinate 0.4 is released:
Now offer a choice of three SVG path grouping options:
o No groups
o Group by color - use with color count setting to reduce file size.
o One group
Using 'group by color' or 'no groups' result in files that are easier to edit in Sodipodi.
Removed the create SVG style definitions option, because Mozilla and Sodipodi don't handle style definitions well. Use 'group by color' instead.... read more
Delineate 0.3.1 is released. Changes:
- Fixed bugs related to filenames that have spaces in them.
- Fixed reloading bug that occurred when new result was significantly smaller in size than the previous result.
Delineate is a Java Swing GUI tool for converting bitmap raster images to SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) using AutoTrace.
Fixed a couple of bugs, will release a 0.3.1 patch in a day or two after testing is complete. The bugs are:
- Application hangs at 100% cpu usage if you try to save or load settings when input/output file and/or directory contains spaces in its name.
- Error can occur when loading previous result file if latest result loads faster than the previous result (i.e. if the latest result is significantly smaller than the previous result).
Delineate is a Java Swing GUI tool for converting bitmap raster images to SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) using AutoTrace. It displays SVG results using the Apache Batik SVG toolkit. Input formats are TGA, PBM, PNM, PGM, PPM or BMP.
Delineate 0.3 is released. Changes include reduced output file sizes, improved handling of background color settings, and a few usability enhancements and bug fixes.