Language and Circulation 'starter' concern

Help
2005-03-03
2013-06-05
  • cabbagemonkey

cabbagemonkey - 2005-03-03

OK --

First of all, good software ...

Second - I have a couple of quick issues ...

1)  Our email clients don't allow iframes, but the browserlink link seems to work, except that it then displays in German (sorry we Americans don't really speak anything except bastardized English), so I'm not sure what I'm reading

2)  Does the person starting the circulation have to be an administrator?  The reason that I ask is that I'd like to use this for our sales team in getting Sales Order approval and in providing shipping data prior to that approval.  So basically, I need the sales person to initiate the circulation and then for it to eventually end up with the sales coordinator that enters it into the accounting software.

Thanks for any feedback.

Alex

• Timo Haberkern

Timo Haberkern - 2005-03-04

Alex,

Problem 1: Sorry for that, small type. You can patch this very easily. Just open the file /language_files/en/mail_template.html and change the line 78:
      There is a language=de in this line, just change in lanhuage=en

Problem 2: Yes you need to be Administrator for starting a circulation. Maybe i should extend the access rights to:
      - Administrator: Can do anything (manage user, creating templates, mailing lists...)
      - Starter: Can manage circulations (start, delete, archive...)
      - Viewer: Can only view details of circualtions

I have the same situation as you but with technical staff, so the person who needs to start circaulations needs to be administrator. maybe the naming "administrator" is choosen wrong. It is just the person who can do everything in the system.

Don't know when i can change the user access and release a new version. I don't think that i can find the time in the next 2 weeks. Sorry. But i will chang it as soon as possible.