Menu

period closed... how?

tamirat
2007-02-26
2013-05-02
  • tamirat

tamirat - 2007-02-26

hello friends...
    i was using compiere 2.5.3a and implements Sales order hoping that accounting will be implemented after a while... and when we entered the sales orders the document status was not completed like ...In progress.. and not posted ... now we were trying to post and update the accounting entries, just after some months ... but when we do that, error happens like ...Period Closed.. is there a way to open the periods closed after their real date is passed....
    tamirat

• Stephan Keller

Stephan Keller - 2007-02-26

Tamirat,

To open the period, simply go to the Calendar Year and Period Window.
      Select the year and period tabs.  Click on Open/Close all and select "open period" in the period action.  That's it.

If the document is not completed (in Progress) nothing will be posted of course, you first need to complete it.

Stephan,
      Sodexis.

• tamirat

tamirat - 2007-02-27

Stephan,
      thanks for your response.... but the period was already open... but the question is i want to complete the sales orders that was entered , for example..., we are now on february and need to complete januaries record.. but it says period closed....how?
      thanks

• Stephan Keller

Stephan Keller - 2007-02-28

Did you check for sure that january is open in the calendar?
        There is a feature in the accounting schema that open and close periods automatically, maybe worth checking.

Stephan,
        Sodexis.

• ADAXA

ADAXA - 2007-02-27

probably not the problem but worth checking..
      there was a bug which caused some period control records not to be created when you opened the period. the ones that were not created were payment allocation and bank statement, never sales orders and invoices.
      If that happens problem you get a 'period not opened message' even though the problem is something else.
      Look in the period control records .. 3rd tab in calendar? and make sure there is a control record for what you are trying to complete.

You are logging out and back in after opening the period or running cache reset?

• tamirat

tamirat - 2007-02-28

hi
      thanks for your response... let me explain the case...
      there are two calendars for our client ... but i make one which is on the client info window

active and the other in active.... and of caurse the period for all period control is open..  and

in the demo Garden World client ... it works, after making some adjustment  like opening

some periods.. i made every thing similar between the two clients, i.e, the Garden World

client and our client, except there is only one calendar for the the Garden World... so what

would be the solution..... the period control is open for every periods.. i have created three

years .. 2007, 2006, 2005... and every transactions, except for the current month, do not

work.. for example, today is feb 28,2007 ..tommorow will be march 1, 2007... and if there

are any records(sales orders of february) not entered today because of time... will not be

entered on march except changing the actual date of the  sales order to be on march. so

what should i do.. remember the Garden world is now corrected ..only our client had

problem
      thanks

• tamirat

tamirat - 2007-02-28

stephan..
      very very thank you.. it was the accounting schema which was selected makes the problem.. i didn't check the the accounting schema until i post the last message.. now it is corrected and able to post and complete the 2006 records.. thank you.. tha garden world was working because the autmaticaly control periods was not selected and the period was opened...
      thanks a lot

• tamirat

tamirat - 2007-02-28

stephan..
      very very thank you.. it was the accounting schema which was selected makes the problem.. i didn't check the the accounting schema until i post the last message.. now it is corrected and able to post and complete the 2006 records.. thank you.. tha garden world was working because the autmaticaly control periods was not selected and the period was opened...
      thanks a lot
      tamirat

• Stephan Keller

Stephan Keller - 2007-02-28

Tamirat,

Sounds good.

Stephan.
        Sodexis.

• tamirat

tamirat - 2007-02-28

very sorry again.. for posting one message multiple times..
      tamirat