Menu

Installation issues

2009-05-04
2013-05-02
  • Bernard Acquah

Bernard Acquah - 2009-05-04

I hope someone can help......

When I try to set up Compiere for evaluation, I get the attached stacktrace:

00:53:20.930   Ini.loadProperties: /home/ba/Apps/Compiere2/Compiere.properties [13]
    00:53:23.906 IniDialog.accept: License Accepted [13]
    00:53:23.927 Ini.loadProperties: /home/ba/Apps/Compiere2/Compiere.properties #20 [13]
    Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
            at java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:411)
            at java.util.Properties.setProperty(Properties.java:160)
            at org.compiere.startup.Environment.save(Environment.java:209)
            at org.compiere.install.ConfigurationData.save(ConfigurationData.java:669)
            at org.compiere.install.ConfigurationPanel.save(ConfigurationPanel.java:626)
            at org.compiere.install.ConfigurationPanel$1.finished(ConfigurationPanel.java:563)
            at org.compiere.apps.SwingWorker$1.run(SwingWorker.java:58)
            at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:226)
            at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:602)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:275)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:200)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:185)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:177)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:138)

My Server Setup than hangs...

This has been happening irrespective of DB choice - I have setup both Oracle & PostgreSQL.

I would appreciate an explanation of this issue, and how to resolve it asap.

Without a quick resolution, I will have to switch to other solutions - I am working to a tight deadline!

Many thanx,
    Bernard

• Felipe Reyes

Felipe Reyes - 2009-05-04

What version of Compiere are you using? 3.2 Community Edition? Professional Trial?
      What operating system and database versions?
      What version of JDK?
      Are you using the binary files distributed by Compiere, or did you compile the code yourself?
      At what point in the installation process are you getting the error?