Menu

Can't install coLinux

Help
David
2011-12-27
2013-05-09
  • David

David - 2011-12-27

I am having a bit of trouble trying to install coLinux under windows home server which is essentially a stripped down version of windows server 2003. 
    The issue that I'm having is that when I reach the point where I specify the installation directory (i.e. c:\coLinux) it will not download ArchLinux-2007.08-2-ext3-256m.7z archive unless I physically create c:\coLinux directory.  Without the coLinux directory I get the following errors:

Extract: colinux-console-fltk.exe… 100%
    Extract: colinux-ndis-net-daemon.exe… 100%
    Downloading from mirror 4: http://umn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/colinux/ArchLinux-2007.08-2-ext3-256m.7z
    Download failed (error Unable to open C:\coLinux\ArchLinux-2007.08-2-ext3-256m.7z), trying with other mirror
    .Download Failed: C:\coLinux\ArchLinux-2007.08-2-ext3-256m.7z
    Completed

This goes on until it reaches the last mirror and tells me it's finished but nothing has been installed or downloaded to the specified directory.
    When I do make a directory called C:\coLinux the file ArchLinux-2007.08-2-ext3-256m.7z is downloaded into coLinux directory and colinux-console-fltk.exe and colinux-ndis-net-daemon.exe are installed in C:\.
    I was hoping that maybe someone has run into this problem and have experience in how to fix this?  Another note is that I also tried doing this under windows XP with service pack 3 and ran into the same issue so it can't be the OS or the computer.

• Henry N.

Henry N. - 2012-01-04

The directory layout on SourceForge was changed.

Please download the image directly from SourceForge, in project coLinux under Files Images 2.6.x ArchLinux

For the installer please deselect the Download, then the installation into directory c:\colinux should work.