Menu

install instructions for LINUX

Philippe C
2007-11-10
2013-03-22
  • Philippe C

Philippe C - 2007-11-10

Hi,

Where could i found an install document for COFAX on LINUX with tomcat5 and Jdk1.5

Regards
    Philippe

• F.X. Robin

F.X. Robin - 2007-11-10

Hi Philippe,

the installation process of COFAX is the same on Linux than Windows as COFAX is a standard .war application.

Once your JDK5 and your Tomcat5 are installed, just deploy it and configure the web.xml to connect to your MySQL.

You shoud look at on the internet :
      - how to install JDK 1.5 on Linux
      - how to install TOMCAT 5.5 on Linux
      - how to install MySQL on Linux.

• Philippe C

Philippe C - 2007-11-13

Hi,

I just install cofax 2.3.1 and it's better with cofax installer
        i have cofax home page
        Three questions

1 I have this import error, but i could continue
        DataBase initialization Database schema and Database user exist already Database schema : COFAX DB Schema has been imported
        Erreur :java.sql.SQLException: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '[', section), ']')) AS sectiondesc, Section FROM tblsections,tblpermusersection ' at line 1
        Query :INSERT INTO `tbltoolspackagetags` (`tag_name`,`tag_value`,`create_date`,`modified_date`,`tagID`,`cache`) VALUES('getPubNameFromPublicationsByPubID','SELECT pubName FROM tblpublications WHERE pubID = \'req:PUBID\' ','2001-03-06 00:00:00','2001-03-06 00:00:00',0,1),('getSavedSearchesByUserID','SELECT search, searchName FROM tblpermsavedsearches WHERE userID = \'req:USERID\' ','2001-03-06 00:00:00','2001-03-06 00:00:00',0,0),('getSectionDescAndMapCodeFromSectionsByPubName','ONCAT(CONCAT(pubName, \' - \'),sectionDesc) AS sectionDesc, mappingCode FROM tblsections WHERE pubName = \'req:PUBNAME\' ','2001-03-06 00:00:00','2001-03-06 00:00:00',0,1),('getSectionDescAndSectionFromSectionsByPubName','SELECT sectionDesc, tblsections.section FROM tblsections,tblpermusersection WHERE tblpermusersection.userID=\'req:currentUserID\' AND tblsections.pubName=\'req:PUBNAME\' AND tblsections.mappingCode=tblpermusersection.mappingCode','2001-03-06 00:00:00','2001-03-06 00:00:00',0,1),('getSectionDescAndSectionFromSectionsByPubNameUser','SELECT CONCAT(sectionDesc, CONCAT(CONCAT(' [', section), ']')) AS sectiondesc, Section FROM tblsections,tblpermusersection WHERE tblpermusersection.userID=\'req:currentUserID\' AND tblsections.pubName=\'req:currentPubName\' AND tblsections.mappingCode=tblpermusersection.mappingCode','2003-05-31 00:00:00','2003-05-31 00:00:00',0,0),('getSectionFromtblsectionsByPublicationSectionName','SELECT section FROM tblsections where pubName = \'req:PUBNAME\' and sectionName = \'req:SECTION\' ','2001-03-06 00:00:00','2001-03-06 00:00:00',0,1); Data : default data has been imported

2 there is problem with // after default
        http://82.247.148.50/content/default//

3 i have using my root system password for database and user, but when i want to login or send me with mail password, first letter seems missing.

Regards
        Philippe

• Philippe C

Philippe C - 2007-11-12

Hi,

I have put war file into webapps then lauch content/main.htm
      i have error Templates not found, so i copy default directory to Templates dicrectory and now i have url not found ??

Regards
      Philippe

• F.X. Robin

F.X. Robin - 2007-11-12

I'll write a short installation tutorial to describe the setup process as soon as possible.
      I'll post it on www.cofax.org.

Best Regards.

• Philippe C

Philippe C - 2007-11-12

Hi,

My tomcat 5 is installed and it's running
      i have launched mysql5 and launch script into cdw_mysql directory and i have launched
      http://xx.xxx.xxx.xx/content/main.htm

error message is :
      Cofax has encountered and error while processing your request.
      Cofax Version: Revision : 2.3 / Build date : 2006/12/07

Error Message: 500: Error: Template not found to satisfy request.

Request: /content/main.htm

Template:

If i put jsp page from templates/default directory to template i have an 404 error url not found ! but i could show an gif factory image

Best Regards
      Philippe

• F.X. Robin

F.X. Robin - 2007-11-14

Issue 1 : I'll check the script in the distribution because I fixed this issue yesterday.
      Issue 2 : Just check if CofaxInstaller has created the "cofaxdb" account and that this account has full privileges on the "cofax" database. This issue appened on another installation of MySQL, but it works fine on mine ... strange.

I'll keep in touch with you as soon as I'll publish the new installation schema.

Best regards.

• F.X. Robin

F.X. Robin - 2007-11-14

Philippe,

just donwload the new CofaxInstaller.war in the Download section of COFAX on SourceForge.
      launch the CofaxInstaller and follow the the wizard.

then restart the "content" context to refresh the WEB-INF/web.xml.

Let me know if it works.

Regards.

• Philippe C

Philippe C - 2007-11-15

I have launch cofaxinstaller and the first time, i have answser ??

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Exception in JSP: /create.jsp:37

34:         if (ex.getErrorCode() == 1049 || ex.getErrorCode()== 1045 ) {
        35:             Statement s = null;
        36:             out.println("<li> creating database : " + _base + "</li");
        37:             c = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:mysql://" + _host
        38:             + "/mysql", _login, _password);
        39:             try
        40:             {

Stacktrace:
            org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:451)
            org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:355)
            org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:329)
            org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:265)
            javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
        cause mère
        javax.servlet.ServletException: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
            org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:841)
            org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:774)
            org.apache.jsp.create_jsp._jspService(create_jsp.java:286)
            org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:98)
            org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:331)
        cause mère
        java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
            com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:2851)
            com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:750)
            com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.secureAuth411(MysqlIO.java:3562)
            com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.doHandshake(MysqlIO.java:1151)
            com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.createNewIO(Connection.java:1777)
            com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:437)
            com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:268)
            java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:562)
            java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:186)
            org.apache.jsp.create_jsp._jspService(create_jsp.java:188)
            org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:98)
            org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:331)

• Philippe C

Philippe C - 2007-11-15

How Could i go to cofax back-office ?
      It's root user or cofax user ?

• Philippe C

Philippe C - 2007-11-15

Problem with lost password form

if i try user ABCD cofax answer user BCD not found ?
      Why first letter is missing ?

Regards
      Philippe

• Philippe C

Philippe C - 2007-11-15

Just question

I could generate database with user 'root' but not user 'cofax' why ?

Regards
      Philippe

• F.X. Robin

F.X. Robin - 2007-11-16

To install you must provide the root account to MySQL.
      With this account, the installer creates the database and populate it with default database
      It also creates an account, named "cofaxdb / cofaxdb" and set full privileges on the cofax database.

then your cofax will be accessed throug "cofaxdb" account on a JDBC Level.

In the other hand the "admin" account to access the backoffice is different.
      Login : admin
      Password : admin

the stacktrace you have provided seems to tell that you wrote a wrong password for root.
      The installer gives "root / root" by default, but you must change it to match your mysql configuration.

regards.

• Philippe C

Philippe C - 2007-11-19

Hi,

That' seems ok for me .
        Where Could i found some PDF or Tutorial Book for COFAX Templates and COFAX use ?

Regards
        Philippe

• F.X. Robin

F.X. Robin - 2007-11-19

The templating guide is out of date. It refers to the old mecanism "WYSIWYG templates" : ie, specific HTML tags wich are interpreted. Hopefully, JSP and TagLibs has been introduced. You can read this old templating guide (doc.war of the distribution) because some mecanisms are equals (ie : determining the page to display, taking the right template) but it's be better to have a look at JSP files in "templates/default".

As soon as I'll have time, I'll write a short tutorial for this.

Best Regards.
          F.X.