How to check if word in pocketsphinx dictionary?

Help
2014-06-18
2014-06-19
  • Pocketsphinx has an API to add a word to the dictionary, but I did not see any API to simply check at runtime if a word is already in the dictionary. Is there a way this can be done? I see the dict.h/dict.c source files but these appear to be internals. Also it is not obvious how I would even fetch a pointer to the loaded dictionary. And ultimately I will need something accessible via the Java bindings for use in an Android app.

[The reason: our app generates fsg language models for user-authored texts at runtime. We need to ensure all the words in the text are in the dictionary. For any words that are not -- often proper names -- we fall back to generating a plausible pronunciation via rules and adding it to the dictionary. But this is a last resort and we only want to do this for words not already in the dictionary. ]

Thanks,
    Anders

• Dear Andres

I've just added an API method to lookup word in the dictionary to pocketsphinx and swig bindings. Please checkout latest version from subversion or from github.

• Thanks so much, that is just great!

When you get a chance, can you also update the pocketsphinx-android libs? I am not set up to build the native libraries. (I would be happy to, but I work primarily on Windows. Do you know if the Android libs can be built under cygwin?)

Thanks,
    Anders

• bic-user
      bic-user
      2014-06-19

There is no proplem to build android libs from windows console. Configure environment properly (set up swig and ant), substitute "ndk-build" with "ndk-build.cmd" in ant's build.xml and follow tutorial.