Menu

Error Logging in CLIPS 6.3

Help
G.P.
2015-07-01
2015-07-02
  • G.P.

G.P. - 2015-07-01

Previously in CLIPS 6.2x specific function SetErrorLog was defined to store errors during the rule execution.

In my sample project i used this file to detect if rule execution was finished OK or not. But in CLIPS 6.3 this function was removed.Also in function EnvPrintRouter using of file using was removed

--
    if (RouterData(theEnv)->ErrorLogFilePtr)
    if (strcmp(logicalName, "wtrace") != 0)
    fprintf(RouterData(theEnv)->ErrorLogFilePtr,"%s",str);
    --
    Is this some easy way to get somehow same information. It will helps me to make small changes in my code.

P.S. Problem with function *GetFocus(void): May be some other name will be more usefull because API already has function with this name

• Gary Riley

Gary Riley - 2015-07-01

Where did you get your source code from and in what file do you see SetErrorLog defined? It's not present in any 6.2x code I have.

In version 6.3, use of functions such as GetFocus with a corresponding environment function (such as EnvGetFocus) is deprecated. If you compile the source code with the ALLOW_ENVIRONMENT_GLOBALS flag set to its default value of 0, you should not be getting name conflicts.

• G.P.

G.P. - 2015-07-02

I don't remember where from this source code was downloaded. It was 3-4 years ago.
    May be someone change a little bit original source. So i try to change my source code!

According to the ALLOW_ENVIRONMENT_GLOBALS i will try to analyze my problem more detailed and write the problem!

• G.P.

G.P. - 2015-07-02

Everything is OK now i correct all my problems and now everything works